Cariad Heart / Love Heart
This vintage Welsh wool blanket fabric has been lovingly re-purposed to create a large hanging heart. This fabric is the perfect backdrop on which to applique 'Cariad'. The Welsh word 'Cariad' translated means love. It can also be used as a term of endearment (love, darling or sweetheart), my Grandmother always called me 'Cariad', so I understand that the gift of a 'Cariad' heart would be very meaningful.
- The heart is made using vintage Welsh wool blanket fabric.
- The lettering is hand cut using a contrasting wool/wool blend felt.
- The heart measures approximately 11 inches by 11 inches or 27cms by 27cms.
- Would recommend spot cleaning or dry cleaning only.
- All materials comply with BS5852 Part 2
The items at Angharad Banks are not mass produced. Each one is made in my studio at my home in the heart of South Wales. The items carry a label which testify to its handmade nature.