Daffodil Heart / Cennin Pedr Heart / National Symbol of Wales
There’s nothing quite like coming across the distinctive yellow blooms of a clump of daffodils on a spring day. The daffodil (or 'Cennin Pedr' in Welsh) is the national flower of Wales and traditionally is a potent symbol of rebirth and new beginnings. Their blooms are a sign of optimism, heralding spring. This beautiful hand cut and appliqued Daffodil hanging heart with the word 'Cymru' embroidered beside it, was first made to celebrate a St. David's Day. This colourful and hanging heart is guaranteed to bring individuality to any home and would make a wonderful present for any occasion for your family, friends and even yourself. The price includes free shipping.
- The heart is made using a neutral herringbone fabric.
- The heart features an embroidered Daffodil with 'Cymru' embroidered beside it.
- The reverse of the heart has not been neglected and has been made in the same fabric.
- The heart measures approximately 8 inches by 6 inches or 20cms by 15cms not including the hanger which is approximately 5 inches or 12 cms.
- Would recommend spot cleaning or dry cleaning only.
- All materials comply with BS5852 Part 2
The products at Angharad Banks are not mass produced. Each one is made in my studio at my home in the heart of South Wales. The hearts carry a label which testify to its handmade nature.