Daffodil Cushion /Cennin Pedr Cushion / National Symbol of Wales Cushion
There’s nothing quite like coming across the distinctive yellow blooms of a clump of daffodils on a spring day. The daffodil (or Cennin Pedr in Welsh) is the national flower of Wales and traditionally is a potent symbol of rebirth and new beginnings. Their blooms are a sign of optimism, heralding spring. This beautiful hand cut and appliqued Daffodil cushion was first made to celebrate a St. David's Day. This colourful and unique cushion is guaranteed to bring individuality to any home and would make a wonderful present for any occasion for your family, friends and even yourself.
- The cushion is made using a panelled style tartan and natural coloured fabric.
- The daffodil applique is hand-cut using co-ordinating wool/wool blend felts.
- The reverse of the cushion has an envelope opening in the natural fabric.
- The cushion measures approximately 18 inches by 12 inches or 46 cms by 31 cms.
- This listing includes both the cushion cover and the cushion pad (which is made from a premium poly fibre fill).
- Would recommend spot cleaning or dry cleaning only.
- All materials comply with BS5852 Part 2.
The cushions at Angharad Banks are not mass produced. Each one is made in my studio at my home in the heart of South Wales. The cushions carry a label which testify to its handmade nature.