Hiraeth Cushion / Longing for Home Cushion
This cushion would be the ideal present for a loved one or someone who once lived in Wales but now resides overseas; it would remind them of loved ones back home. 'Hiraeth' is a Welsh word for which there is no direct English translation. The generally accepted translation likens it to homesickness tinged with grief or sadness over the lost or departed. It is a mix of longing, yearning, nostalgia, wistfulness, or an earnest desire for the Wales of the past. The giving of this 'Hiraeth'/ Longing for home cushion would allow people to have a little piece of Wales in their home.
- The cushion is made using a grey, gold and natural wool touch tartan fabric.
- The lettering is handmade using a co-ordinating grey wool/wool blend felt.
- The reverse of the cushion has an envelope opening in the same fabric.
- The cushion measures approximately 17 inches by 17 inches or 43 cms by 43 cms.
- This listing includes both the cushion cover and the cushion pad (which is made from a premium poly fibre fill)
- Would recommend spot cleaning or dry cleaning.
The cushions at Angharad Banks are not mass produced. Each one is made in my studio at my home in the heart of South Wales. The cushions carry a label which testify to its handmade nature.